We use common video conferencing technology to provide individual virtual ergonomic assessments with our Occupational Therapists.
Who are virtual ergonomic assessments for?
Anyone working in an office or from home, wanting assistance achieving a comfortable desk set-up that minimises injury risk.
The Benefits of Virtual Ergonomic Assessments
- Require no physical contact between the consultant and the person being assessed, increasing people’s safety during this time of COVID 19
- Suitable for people working from home or office
- Flexibility in delivery time e.g. can arrange a time that suits with caring needs
- Gives you in-situ support from an experienced Occupational Therapist
- Simple and quick to organise
Our Virtual Assessment Process
All Franklyn Work Safety virtual ergonomic assessments are undertaken by Registered Occupational Therapists. Our therapists have had years of assessment delivery experience, with a broad range of conditions, environments and equipment. We draw on that experience and apply it to the virtual interaction.
Each assessment begins with a brief discussion to identify/clarify symptoms that may be relevant to desk based work. This information enables the therapist to identify elements that require greater focus. During the assessment, we provide instruction and demonstration to facilitate sound ergonomic set-up. We always aim to utilise existing equipment, and in circumstances in which alternative equipment is required, we make your purchasing easy by providing you with specific equipment specifications and supplier options.
At the completion of the assessment we email the report through within 1 business day. The report includes a succinct description of any relevant symptoms, adjustments made during the assessment and prioritised recommendations.
What do you need for a Virtual Ergonomic Assessment?
The technology needed is just the standard equipment everyone has at their home or office. i.e.:
- An internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Windows, Mac or Android Operating System
- A mobile phone
- The Video Conferencing applications we generally use are ZOOM or Microsoft Teams. If you don’t have either of these we provide you with a link and it takes less than a minute from clicking on the link to your device being ready for the assessment.
Standard Assessment (45 mins) – for people with symptoms or a history of relevant symptoms, who have a reasonable risk of developing/exacerbating their condition if using a poor workstation set-up for longer periods.
Brief Assessment (30 mins) – for people with no symptoms or history of relevant symptoms who just want to make things as comfortable as possible. Discounts available for group bookings of five or more assessments.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Our consultants conduct the assessments in a private space, and no sessions are recorded.
Use the booking tool below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, One of our consultants will then contact you to book the appointment time.
Please note that assessments organised by individuals must be paid for in full prior to the appointment. Corporate and Government assessments will be invoiced.
More Information on Working from Home
For information on our standard face to face ergonomic and worksite assessments, click here