This brief Guide is for organisations that operate in Western Australia.
The approach and actions Organisations need to take to meet the requirements of the Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, depends largely on the state of the current Work Health and Safety Management System. Two scenario’s are presented below.
Scenario 1: For Organisations with a WHS Management System that conforms to a Standard (e.g. ISO 45001, WorkSafe Plan)
- Review existing procedures/practices against the WHS legislation; and
- Run awareness sessions for Officers on the Due Diligence Obligation.
Scenario 2: For Organisations with a WHS Management System that DOES NOT conform to a Standard (e.g. ISO 45001, WorkSafe Plan)
- Implement auditable Governance processes and practices that comply with “Officer Due Diligence”;
- Review existing procedures/practices against industry standard & the new legislation;
- Run awareness sessions for Officers on the Due Diligence Obligation; and
- Move your WHS management system to conform to a Standard